1. Can you please introduce yourself, tell us where you’re from, and how long you’ve shot on film?
My name is Josefina Bonavia (aka Koko Peludo). I’m a freelance film photographer and graphic designer based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. In 2011, I got the chance to shoot with a Mini Diana, which was a birthday gift and I’ve been shooting ever since.
2. Why do you like to shoot on film?I prefer film photography because I’m in love with the ritual of the analog photography. The magic, the texture, the patience of analog shots. I like waiting for the right moment to take a photo and also that feeling I have when I discover the results.
3. What’s your favorite gear to use (camera, lens, film) ?
My favorite combo gear to shoot is a Portra400 and my Pentax Asahi Spotmatic.
4. Among your works, which one is your favorite? Why?Among my work, I think that my last one, Better than Fruit, is my favorite. It’s an editorial for an underwear and swimwear argentinian brand called Braga Couture. I love the results, the freshness of the models, the summer tones.
5. Exactly what it is you want to say with your photographs?
I just try to shoot my everyday world or the way I see and feel about it. My camera is always close to me so I can react quickly and immortalize the moment.
You can give Josefina a follow on instagram @kokopeludo