1. Can you please introduce yourself, tell us where you’re from, and how long you’ve shot on film?
My name is Mohamed I am 26 years old I am in the suburbs of Paris, Hauts-de-Seine. I started filming almost 2 years ago.
2. Why do you like to shoot on film?
I started shooting analogue when I discovered this in art school. Before I used digital and I discovered with the film a new way to approach photography and it’s what I find much more interesting!
3. What’s your favorite gear to use (camera, lens, film) ?
Currently I use the CanonAE1 with a 25mm and 100mm lens. I regulary use portra or ektar film.
4. Among your works, which one is your favorite? Why?
Among my work I really like the work I do with my friend Jasmin she is a rapper based in Montreal.We spend an afternoon trying to have nice pictures. The goal was to help her to creat his character and start creating a universe around the mask she wear at every performance.
5. Exactly what it is you want to say with your photographs?
My work is focus on people around me Im surounded by so many creative peoples (illustrator, Musician, Rapper, Dancer etc) and I like to capture the moment I spend with them. With my pictures I try to give the light he deserves.
You can follow Mohamed on instagram @mohamedmedjati